Studio Dragonfly is a collaborative venture by a group of practicing artists who believe a collaborative and cultural exchange enhances the creative process. We at Dragonfly work on exclusively hand crafted ceramic tableware as well as sculptural works. Our commissioned projects include murals, paintings, large-scale outdoor sculptures and anything exciting that comes our way.
Our most recent project is a Residency Program we are offering at the cultural city of Baroda, India. The residency aims at interaction with artists from various places and working in different mediums. Although the studios are equipped to host Ceramic and Painting artists, we are also open to photographers, architects, writers who wish to spend time in the Baroda, which is an art hub of sorts, with over 1500 practicing artists living there. A significant centre for the contemporary Indian art, it is a thriving yet cosy town full of art and art activities. The art college, community work spaces and art galleries amongst the large number of artists here, make Baroda an enriching place to work in.
CERAMIC STUDIO + ACCOMMODATION
- The studio is a 900 sq ft space divided into indoor and outdoor spaces
- The covered studio is a 500 sq feet enclosed air conditioned space
- Remaining is an outdoor semi open studio, which has a beautiful garden and working space.
- An 8 cubic feet gas fired kiln is placed outside. it fires upto 1250 degrees C
- The studio has 2 electric wheels
- 24×7 water supply
- There are stoneware and terracotta clays available for working
- The studio has all the necessary worktables, storage, glazes,glaze materials etc
- There is a part time helper available
- The studio is a peaceful location with indoor and outdoor working possibilities
- The accommodation for ceramic residency is 5 kms away; an apartment with all modern amenities.
- The residency fees include accommodation, upto 50 kgs of clay, 2 firings, glazes and a part time helper
- Any additional material , glazes or special requirements will be borne by the artist
- An artist can apply for a period of 4-12 weeks. An extended period can be considered if needed
PAINTING STUDIO + ACCOMMODATION
- The painting studio is in a peaceful corner in an otherwise busy prime location.
- It is at a comfortable distance from the airport, the art college and various art galleries and studios.
- It is a well lit space ; 10 ft x 14 ft, with an attached balcony
- The painting studio has a living apartment attached to it, which has a furnished
- kitchen, and 2 bedrooms which are the living area for maximum two artists.
- However the painting studio is an independent one.
- The residency fees include art material and accommodation
- The studio will have all basic art material such as paper, 3 -4 medium sized canvases, acrylic colours, water colours and brushes. Any specific material will have to be brought by the artist
- An artist can apply for a period of 4-12 weeks. An extension can be considered if needed
The accommodation consists of 2 bedrooms , with all amenities ; televisions, refrigerator, a complete kitchen, air conditioner, hot water, cooking facility, water filter, 24 hour security,parking, lift and some basic furniture, bed and wardrobe.